Custom Redirect Domain
Pathfix offers you the ability to use a custom redirect domain URI that will replace the Pathfix Redirect URI from in (https://labs.pathfix.com/integrate/command) to using your own domain's Redirect URI (https://auth.acmesaas.com/integrate/command).
This is especially useful when going through the domain verification process required by some providers. (note: the Pathfix redirect domain is approved by most providers, however, this can go into a bit of a loop with some providers. Use a Custom Domain for such scenarios).
This setting is at an Application level within Pathfix. One activated, all your integration configurations within the application will use the custom redirect URI chosen.
You will need to be on a paid subscription plan to use a custom redirect domain, custom domain limits apply.
Before making any changes to your Pathfix application, you will need to make changes to your DNS to add the subdomain you wish to use.
Go to your DNS provider or registrar and make the following additions:
- Add CNAME to pathfix-labs.azurewebsites.net to your desired subdomain (e.g auth.yourcompany.com)
- Add TXT record with Host as asuid.auth with the Value as FE0912A3DCB70FB88D69E4722339AE0FD99E41E26CD3AABEC03C8234A7B7ADB2
Save both the settings and send an email to [email protected] to activate the custom redirect against your account. We will verify the setting at our end, add the SSL and enable the custom redirect domain to your configurations.
Once your Custom Redirect Domain has been activated by the Pathfix team, you will need to add this to your Pathfix application.
The setting for Custom Redirect Domain is available at Application level in your Pathfix account.
- Click on Add Application or Edit an existing Application in Pathfix and select the tab Custom Domain Redirect
- Add the domain you would like to use (e.g. https://auth.acmesaas.com where acmesaas.com is your domain and the subdomain auth is used for the auth redirection)
- Do not add any backslashes or text post the domain
The Custom Redirect URI will need to be updated with your provider apps as well.
Please log in to the developer portal for each of the active provider integrations and replace the Redirect URI field with your new Redirect URI (e.g. https://auth.acmesaas.com/integrate/command )
The final step is to make sure your integration connections work with your new Custom Redirect Domain URI. To do this:
- Log in to your Pathfix account and select the Application
- Pick any of the providers you have configured and click on Test Connection
- Click Re-Connect/Connect to auth an account and go through the authorization process
- Once successful, you can also run a quick test in your application
Need help? Reach out to us at [email protected] and we would be happy to assist!