The Pathfix Twitter Connector plugin enables integration from your Bubble app to your user's Twitter. The plugin will render the Connect button (UI) and calls the relevant Twitter API automatically. No configurations required to get the plugin working
This documentation will show setup guide and a few example use cases.
The plugin is available in the Bubble Plugin store. Before proceeding, make sure you have added the Twitter integration in your Pathfix account.
Important: You need to install the Pathfix OAuth Connector first before installing this plugin
- Navigate to the Design section and select the Pathfix Connector element and enable Twitter from the list of providers. Or, select All Providers in my Pathfix Account, this will show all the integrations you have configured.
Once installed, there are no additional configurations required to get the Plugin to work. You can setup your workflow in Bubble and start using the actions.
The Connect button will automatically be added to your page that contains the Pathfix Connector Design Element. No additional settings are required
You can add Dropdown, text etc elements to pull in Twitter data for your users using the plugin and setup Workflows to Twitter actions.
The plugin calls a few APIs and offers them as Actions and Data Calls in your Bubble Workflow once installed. These are:
Note: Each consumed action is counted as 1 API call in Pathfix
All of the actions and data calls are easy to use and is a one-step process, however, the process to Post Tweet with Media is a 4 step process (as required by Twitter). The plugin has been updated to offer this API connectivity, the following section shows the setup:
This is a 4 step process as Twitter needs certain info and file format, here is the sample setup.
Please note, you will need to select the user_Id as Current User's Unique Id everywhere.
- Select to include the file size and file type with the call
- Select the media ID String and Base 64 encoding
- Finalize the media and select the Media ID String
- Post the Tweet with media and Message
The plugin calls the Timeline endpoint, allowing you to fetch the mentioned Users timeline. Reference documenation
Here is how you can set this up:
- Add a Repeating Group on your Design page
- Select the repeating group and add the Data source as Twitter - User Mention's Data
- Get the Twitter id_str by calling the external API for Twitter Profile
- In the Repeating group, add a Text element and choose the dynamic value as below
Need help? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org