Pathfix allows you to easily add end-user OAuth based integration, handling authorization and enable communication between your app and Box in just a few minutes.
Before proceeding, you will first need to register your application with Box. Please refer the developer documentation provided by Box.
Add your App in Box
- Access your Box developer page
- Click on Create New App
Image: box developers page
- Select Custom App and click on Next to continue
- Choose Standard OAuth 2.0 (User Authentication) from the authentication method options
- Name your app (e.g. AcmeSaaS) to identify the app in your Box developer account
- Click Configuration on the left navigation bar
- Under OAuth 2.0 Credentials, copy the Client ID and Client Secret for use in Pathfix
Image: Box clientid and clientsecret
Setup in Pathfix
- Login to your Pathfix account and click on Add Application
- Add the name of your SaaS and hit Save
- In the OAuth tab, select Box from the list of providers to integrate with. You can change the Display Name and Description in the General tab.
- Enter the Client ID and Client Secret received from Box and hit Save
Add Integration To Your SaaS
There are 2 steps to adding the integration to your SaaS
- End-user authorization
- Enable pass-through API
Need help? Reach out to us at email@example.com and we would be happy to assist!