Google Mail Integration
The Pathfix Google Mail plugin enables integration from your Bubble app to your user's Gmail account giving your users the ability to send emails from your app. The plugin will render the Connect button (UI) and is pre-configured to call the relevant GMail API automatically.
This documentation will show setup guide and a few example use cases.
You will need to have your Google Cloud Console app setup and configured before proceeding.
Setup in Pathfix
- Log into Pathfix and add an application (or select an existing application)
- Select GMail from the list of providers
- Add your ClientID and ClientSecret received from your Google Cloud Console and hit Save
- Navigate to the Keys section
- Copy your Pathfix x-private key for use in your Bubble plugin
Setup in Bubble
You will need to install and configure the following 2 plugins to your Bubble app:
- Gmail (OAuth) plugin by Pathfix
Configure your Gmail plugin:
- In Bubble, go to Plugins and click on the GMail (OAuth) plugin
- Under x-partner-key (shared headers), add your Pathfix x-partner-key from the Keys section of your Pathfix account
Send Email Setup
To setup a 'Send email" action from your app:
- Add the inout fields in your Bubble design (To email, Subject, Body etc.) and add a button to perform the action (e.g. Send)
- Add a workflow to trigger when the Send button is clicked
- The Workflow will need to be setup as shown in the screenshot below:
The Connector plugin calls a few APIs and offers them as Actions in your Bubble Workflow once installed. These are:
Updated 03 Mar 2023
Did this page help you?