Integrating with Apple Identity
Pathfix allows you to easily add Apple identity (Login with Apple) for your end-user, handling authorization and enable communication between your app and Apple in just a few minutes.
Before proceeding, you must have enrolled in the Apple developer program. To enroll in the Apple developer program, go to developer.apple.com/programs/enroll
Setup in Apple Developer Portal
- On the Apple Developer portal, go to Certificates, Identifiers, & Profiles.
- On the Identifiers tab, select the (+) button.
- On the Register a New Identifier page, choose App IDs and select Continue. (App IDs include one or more Service IDs.)
- On the Register an App ID page, add a description you want under Description and add the Bundle ID as per your domain (e.g. com.acmesaas.auth)
- Select Sign in with Apple from the capabilities list. Then select Continue
IMPORTANT: Make a note of your App ID Prefix (Team ID) from this step, you'll need to enter this in Pathfix under Team ID.
Image: Register App ID
- Review the app registration information and select Register.
- Again, on the Identifiers tab, select the (+) button.
- On the Register a New Identifier page, choose Services IDs and select Continue
- On the Register a Services ID page, provide a description and an identifier. The description is what will be shown to the user on the consent screen. The identifier will be your domain e.g. com.acmesaas.auth
- Select Configure.
- On the pop-up window, set the Primary App Id to the App Id you created earlier. Specify your application's domain in the domain section. For the Return URL, use the URL https://labs.pathfix.com/integrate/command
- Review the service registration information and select Save.
Generate Apple Keys
- On the Keys tab in the Apple Developer portal, choose Create a key or select the (+) button.
- On the Register a New Key page give the key a name, check the box next to Sign in with Apple and select Configure.
- On the Configure Key page, link the key to the primary app ID you created previously and select Save.
- Finish creating the key by confirming the information and selecting Continue and then reviewing the information and selecting Register.
- On the Download Your Key page, download the key. It will download as a .p8 (PKCS#8) file - you'll use this Key in Pathfix
Image: Key ID and p8 Key
Setup in Pathfix
There are 4 keys that are required in Pathfix for Apple Identity. Here's where you get each of the keys:
- Team ID: App ID Prefix
- Service Identifier: com.acmesaas.auth
- p8 Key: Key downloaded
- Key ID: Key ID (from the Download Your Key page)
Configure Apple in Pathfix
- Login to your Pathfix account and click on Add Application
- Add the name of your SaaS and hit Save
- Select Apple Identity from the list of providers to integrate with. You can change the Display Name and Description.
- Enter the Team ID, Service Identifier, p8 Key and Key ID generated from Apple
Image: Configure Apple Identity in Pathfix
Adding Integration To Your SaaS
Adding the SSO/Login functionality to the app is done based on your SaaS stack:
- Code based platform using an extension: Single Sign on (SSO) / Social login
- No-code (Bubble) platform using our plugin: Single Sign-on (SSO) Login
Need help? Reach out to us at email@example.com and we would be happy to assist!
Updated 03 Mar 2023
Did this page help you?