Integrating with Facebook Identity
Pathfix allows you to easily add end-user OAuth based integration, handling authorization and enable communication between your app and Facebook Identity (SSO) in just a few minutes.
Before proceeding, you will first need to register your application with Facebook here: https://developers.facebook.com/
Please note: You will need to create a developer account with Facebook and add an App for Facebook Login to proceed
If you are working with Facebook and Instagram Graph API, make sure you create a new app for each in Facebook developer portal
- Click on My Apps dropdown and choose your App from the list
- From the App Dashboard, click on Settings in the left navigation
- Select Basic
- Copy the App ID and App Secret for use in Pathfix
- This is your Client ID and Client Secret that will be used in Pathfix SSO setup
- Under App Domain, enter pathfix.com and hit enter
- Save the settings and proceed
- Click on Facebook Login from the list of products on the left navigation bar
- Select Settings
- In Client OAuth Settings, navigate to Valid OAuth Redirect URIs
- Enter the following Pathfix Redirect URI https://labs.pathfix.com/integrate/command
- Save the settings
For easy SSO integration with Facebook Login, we recommend using the SSO Extension. This documentation will walk you through the SSO Extension setup.
Note: if you have an existing app created in Pathfix, you can skip this next few step and jump to our SSO setup documentation here Single Sign on (SSO) / Social login
- Login to your Pathfix account and click on Add Application
- Add the name of your SaaS and hit Save
- Click on Extensions from the left Nav and select SSO
Adding the SSO/Login functionality to the app is done based on your SaaS stack:
Need help? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist!