Integrating with Google Identity
Pathfix allows you to easily add Google SSO (Login with Google) for your end-user, handling authorization and enable communication between your app and Google Identity in just a few minutes.
Before proceeding, you will first need to register your application and create a project with Google Cloud Platform here: https://console.cloud.google.com/getting-started
Please note: You will need to create an GCP account with Google and be logged in to access this.
Access your Project on GCP
- Select your Project and click on the menu options
- Click on APIs & Services and select OAuth consent screen
- Select the type of User as External and click on Create
- The app will be available in test mode and will need to be submitted to Google for review (this can be done later as well)
- Add the name of your app (this is what your users will see once you app is approved by Google)
- Fill in the rest of the App domain info
- Save and continue
- In the following page, select the below scopes for Identity:
- Click on Credentials from the left nav bar
- Click Create Credentials and select OAuth client ID
- Add the name of your OAuth 2.0 client
- Under Authorized redirect URIs, add the Pathfix URI: https://labs.pathfix.com/integrate/command
- Once saved, you will receive your Google Client ID and Client Secret
- Copy this info for use in Pathfix
- Login to your Pathfix account and click on Add Application
- Add the name of your SaaS and hit Save
- Click on Identity and select Google Identity from the list of providers to integrate with. You can change the Display Name and Description.
- Enter the Client ID and Client Secret generated from Google
Adding the SSO/Login functionality to the app is done based on your SaaS stack:
Need help? Reach out to us at [email protected] and we would be happy to assist!