Integrating with LinkedIn
This documentation shows how you can add LinkedIn OAuth integration in your application.
Before proceeding, you will first need to register your application with LinkedIn. Please refer the developer documentation provided by LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/developers/apps/
Please note: You will need to create an account with LinkedIn to access this.
Important LinkedIn Developer Update
LinkedIn has updated their primary Product: Sign in with LinkedIn to Sign In with LinkedIn using OpenID Connect
All existing developer app before this change will continue to access the older Sign in with LinkedIn product, however, any new developer apps will now see the option with OpenID Connect (V2). Pathfix supports both these scopes, please follow the documentation depending on the type of app access you have.
Once you have added your application in LinkedIn, you will need to navigate to Auth
- Navigate to OAuth 2.0 settings
- Add the Pathfix Redirect URI https://labs.pathfix.com/integrate/command under the Redirect URI section
Once you have added your application and added the Pathfix Redirect URL, you will need to add scopes that you wish to use.
- Click on Products to get started
- There are multiple products (scopes) you can choose from depending on your user case. Pick the Product you wish to use
- The V1 product setup:
- V2 developer Product setup:
There is an approval/review process for each Product chosen. 'Advertising API', the product required for posting to company pages, goes through an approval cycle with the LinkedIn team. The most common Product (scope) on LinkedIn are 'Share on LinkedIn' and 'Sign In with LinkedIn' for V1 or 'Sign In with LinkedIn using OpenID Connect' for V2. There is an approval/review process that the app will also go through, however, this approval is required by the owner of the page.
For Share on LinkedIn and Sign In with Linked, the approval process needs to be done by the admin/owner of the page.
- Go to Settings and click on Verify
- Click on Generate URL
- Copy the Verification URL and share it with the admin/owner of the Page
- The app would need to be verified
- The Scope will get added to your application
- You can view this by going to OAuth -> OAuth 2.0 scopes
- Login to your Pathfix account and click on Add Application
- Add the name of your SaaS and hit Save
- Select LinkedIn from the list of providers to integrate with. You can change the Display Name and Description.
- Enter the Client ID and Client Secret generated from LinkedIn
- Add the Scopes you wish to access under Scope
- For V1, the login basic scopes will be r_liteprofile r_emailaddress w_member_social
- For V2, the login basic scopes will be openid profile email
- Add any additional scopes according to your usecase
- Hit Save
If you are looking to offer Single Sign-On (SSO) login functionality in your app, please add the LinkedIn Identity integration from the Identity Auth section of your Pathfix dashboard instead:
- Select LinkedIn Identity for V1 product access
- Select LinkedIn v2 for V2 product access with OpenID Connect
There are 2 steps to adding the integration to your SaaS
To add the integration to your Bubble app, please follow this documentation Bubble.io Setup
Need help? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist!