Integrating with LinkedIn
Pathfix allows you to easily add end-user OAuth based integration, handling authorization and enable communication between your app and LinkedIn in just a few minutes.
Before proceeding, you will first need to register your application with LinkedIn. Please refer the developer documentation provided by LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/developers/apps/
Please note: You will need to create an account with LinkedIn to access this.
Enable OAuth in LinkedIn
Access your Application on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/developers/apps/
Once you have added your application in LinkedIn, you will need to navigate to Auth
- Navigate to OAuth 2.0 settings
- Add the Pathfix Redirect URI https://labs.pathfix.com/integrate/command under the Redirect URI section
Add Scope/Product in LinkedIn
Once you have added your application and added the Pathfix Redirect URL, you will need to add scopes that you wish to use.
- Click on Products to get started
- There are 3 products (scopes) you can choose from depending on your user case. Pick the Product you wish to use
There is an approval/review process for each Product chosen. 'Advertising API', the product required for posting to company pages, goes through an approval cycle with the LinkedIn team. The most common Product (scope) on LinkedIn are 'Share on LinkedIn' and 'Sign In with LinkedIn'. There is an approval/review process that the app will also go through, however, this approval is required by the owner of the page.
For Share on LinkedIn and Sign In with Linked, the approval process needs to be done by the admin/owner of the page.
- Go to Settings and click on Verify
- Click on Generate URL
- Copy the Verification URL and share it with the admin/owner of the Page
- The app would need to be verified
- The Scope will get added to your application
- You can view this by going to OAuth -> OAuth 2.0 scopes
Setup in Pathfix
- Login to your Pathfix account and click on Add Application
- Add the name of your SaaS and hit Save
- Select LinkedIn from the list of providers to integrate with. You can change the Display Name and Description.
- Enter the Client ID and Client Secret generated from LinkedIn
- Add the Scopes you wish to access under Scope and hit Save
Adding Integration To Your SaaS
There are 2 steps to adding the integration to your SaaS
- End-user authorization
- Enable pass-through API
To add the integration to your Bubble app, please follow this documentation Bubble.io Setup
Need help? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist!