Integrating with Slack
Pathfix allows you to easily add end-user OAuth based integration, handling authorization and enable communication between your app and Slack in just a few minutes.
Pathfix has 2 connectors for Slack - Slack and Slack V2. Slack recently made changes to their authorization process and deprecated their previous module. However, the depricated version is still supported and is available to older users. We recommend using Slack V2 for your oauth setup in Pathfix.
Before proceeding, you will first need to register your application with Slack.
Please note: You will need to create an account with Slack to access this.
Add your App on Slack
- Go to the url https://api.slack.com/apps
- Click on Create New App and fill in the details.
- Name your App and click Create App
- Under the Add features and functionality section, select Permissions
- Add the Pathfix Redirect URL
- Add the following Scopes chat:write:user,channels:read and remember these for later
- Under Basic Information, scroll down to get your Client ID and Client Secret and copy these for use in Pathfix
Setup in Pathfix
- Login to your Pathfix account and click on Add Application
- Add the name of your SaaS and hit Save
- Select Slack V2 (choose V2 to connect to the new Slack OAuth connector) from the list of providers to integrate with. You can change the Display Name and Description.
- Enter the Client ID and Client Secret received from Slack
- Check if the Scopes match with the Scopes selected in Slack and hit Save
Add Integration To Your SaaS
To add Pathfix Integration to your code base:
There are 2 steps to adding the integration to your SaaS
- End-user authorization
- Enable pass-through API
To add the integration to your Bubble app, please follow this documentation Bubble.io Setup
Need help? Reach out to us at email@example.com and we would be happy to assist!